ACHS Medal 2020 - Nomination criteria
To recognise an outstanding contribution by an individual to improving quality and safety in Australian health services in a manner consistent with the mission and values of the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards:
- Inspiring excellence in healthcare.
- Our mission is to provide a partnership approach to continuous improvement tailored to the needs of individual services and health systems using its expertise in standards, accreditation, education and training.
- Our values are: Working together, Accountability, Commitment, Adaptability, Responsiveness and Excellence.
Comprising any or all of the following whether recognised either on a state-wide basis, or nationally:
- Substantial achievement in research into quality and safety of health systems;
- Distinguished leadership in quality practices;
- Outstanding achievement in maintaining a continuous quality improvement focus in health care delivery systems; or
- Outstanding achievement in the promotion of quality in health care.
Format for nominations:
Nominations must be made in writing on the Nominations form, should include the names and contact details of two supporting referees and not exceed the specified length of three pages. The ACHS Board reserves the right to make independent inquiries.
5pm Friday 18th September, 2020.
A panel is to be appointed by the ACHS Board and consist of three persons, including two Board members and the CEO. The panel shall make recommendations to the ACHS Board, prioritising no more than three names from the nominations received.
Unsuccessful award nominations will be advised in writing in late October. The ACHS Medal will be presented to the winning nominee at the planned ACHS Annual Dinner (dependent upon any enforced social restrictions at the time) to be held on Thursday 26 November, 2020 to be held at the Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport Hotel, Mascot, Sydney.
Please contact Ian McManus, Marketing and Communications Manager, ACHS, on (02) 8218 2743.
Please CLICK HERE for the Nomination form.
Last Review Date 19 May 2020