ACHS offers a portfolio of consultancy services to support health care organisations in creating safer environments for patients, visitors and staff.
Compliance with standards and achieving accreditation
At an international level, health care accreditation is viewed as an indicator of high quality organisational performance . The need to demonstrate compliance with standards is now a reality for most health service providers. In September 2011, Australian Health Ministers endorsed the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards and a national accreditation scheme which requires all hospitals and day procedure services and the majority of public dental services across Australia to be accredited to the NSQHS Standards.
Understanding the expectations of the NSQHS Standards, EQuIPNational Standards and other standards and survey processes, presents a challenge for many organisations. In addition to the support and advice provided to member organisations by our Customer Service Managers, ACHS also provides other options to help your organisation confirm its readiness for accreditation:
- Mock Surveys (simulated survey) - experienced surveyors provide an on-site review of the organisation's progress towards meeting standards. The review of evidence is conducted at the Action level and a detailed report is provided with Action comments and ratings and Standards summaries.
- Gap Analysis - involves an experienced surveyor visiting the organisation and sampling across the Standards and providing a consultancy report at the Standard level outlining issues identified and any recommendations for improvements.
- Organisational Support Visits - mostly on-site support provided on an 'as needs' basis.
Quality and Safety Systems
ACHS also offers quality and safety improvement consultants, data experts and health service planners to support healthcare providers to redesign processes, build sustainable change and deliver high quality care. To ensure that we deliver outcomes that meet your expectations, we will undertake significant work upfront to confirm deliverables and to allow us to tailor our project team to the need of each consultancy project.
Our services include;
- Formulating vision and strategy
- Corporate and clinical governance systems and processes
- Commercial Acceptance of new infrastructure requiring compliance with recognised safety and quality standards for health services
- Risk Management
- Policy Development
For more information on our consultancy services, please email ACHS firstname.lastname@example.org
 Braithwaite et al: A prospective, multi-method, multi-disciplinary, multi-level, collaborative, social-organisational design for researching health sector accreditation (2006)
Last Review Date 17 September 2020