Quality Improvement Lead (QIL) Training Program
For the first time in nearly two years, we are able to offer the Quality Improvement Lead (QIL) training program as an in-person event, run in Adelaide. Enjoy 20% off as an ACHS Member on a single registration and a further 10% discount when registering three or more from one organisation.
Led by an expert faculty of clinicians who understand the challenges of health care, the QIL program is focused on supporting you in developing skills in continuous quality improvement and patient safety.
What you can expect?
- Benchmark your organisation against some of the most transformed health systems globally and learn what it takes to build continuous improvement into everything you do.
- Learn how to undertake a strategic project which matters to patients/clients and that meet the organisations goals with respect to cost, adverse events and patient satisfaction.
- Learn the fundamentals of quality improvement science using the Clinical Practice Improvement method and how to use it effectively to drive patient safety.
- Learn how to be an effective improvement leader within your organisation, regardless of your position, and the positive impacts you can bring to the safety culture.
A Free Information Session will be held on Thursday, 3rd February 2022 at 12:00 – 12:30 pm (AEDT)
Closing date for registration: Wednesday, 30th March 2022
- International and Australian (National Safety Quality Healthcare Standards [NSQHS]) best practice in quality and safety
- Quality improvement science (Deming)
- Quality improvement tools – flow charting, cause and effect diagrams, pareto charts, etc
- Prospective methods - human factor, reliability science and failure modes and effects analysis
- Measurement for improvement, statistical process control charts
- Microsystem change and Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycles
- Patient/consumer engagement and patient co-design
- Change management, spread, and sustainability
- Improvement teams/high performing teams
- Project management - Gantt charts, driver diagrams
- Leadership principles, styles and techniques for leading improvement
- High-level governance responsibilities for Quality and Safety - putting the governance plan together.
It is ideal for:
- clinical directors
- nurse managers
- clinical nurse consultants
- registered nurses with greater than 3 years clinical experience
- medical consultants
- GPs and registrars
- allied health managers and directors
- clinical governance directors
- quality managers, patient safety managers, consumer engagement leads
CPD PointParticipation in this program will qualify participants for continuing professional development hours, as required by their respective National Board.
- Adj Assoc Professor Bernie Harrison
- Mr Anthony Lock
- Dr Brent James
- Dr Cathy Balding
- Ms Helen Ganely
- Assoc Professor Peter Hibbert
- Ms Shelley Thomson
Working on your projectParticipants will be supported to undertake a work based improvement project which involves improving the quality and safety of care for patients. You will receive methods, tools and coaching by the faculty to undertake your project. At the end of this program, you will deliver a 15min presentation virtually with a 5min Q&A from a small panel. You will also submit a 500 word abstract describing your project.
This project will form part of your final assessment. Click here to view past participants' projects.
These tickets below are for ACHS Members only. Please ensure your organisation is a current member of ACHS at the time of registration. (If you are unsure of your membership status, please contact your Clinical Governance Unit). ACHS Members are entitled to a discounted registration fee. If this option is selected by a Non-Member, an invoice for the difference will be issued.
Pay for the full course upfront and receive a 10% discount and pay only $3,168 inclusive of 10% GST. - Click Here to Register
Register three or more from one organisation $2,534.40 per head - Click Here to Register
Pay 4x $880 installment payments prior to each of the 4 modules for a total course fee of $3,520. - Click Here to Register
These tickets below are for ACHS NON-Members only. Please ensure your organisation is NOT a current member of ACHS at the time of registration. (If you are unsure of your membership status, please contact your Clinical Governance Unit). ACHS Members are entitled to a discounted registration fee. If this option is selected by a Member, we will not be able to refund for the difference in ticket price.
Pay for the full course upfront and receive a 10% discount and pay only $3,960 inclusive of 10% GST. - Click Here to Register
Register three or more from one organisation $3,168 per head - Click Here to Register
Pay 4x $1,100 installment payments prior to each of the 4 modules for a total course fee of $4,400. - Click Here to Register
More information relating to payment is available on Eventbrite when you click on the links above.