Virtual Quality Improvement Lead (QIL) Training Program
Ready to unlock your full potential as a quality improvement leader in healthcare? Join our flagship online course, the Quality Improvement Lead (QIL) Training Program, and learn how to be an effective improvement leader.
This practical and interactive, 9-month course teaches the foundations of improvement science, and practical skills in how to redesign care in microsystems.
Led by an expert faculty of clinicians who understand the challenges of health care, the QIL program is focused on supporting you in developing skills in continuous quality improvement and patient safety.
Join our free information session on 6 Nov 2023 to learn more about our QIL Training Program starting on 08 Feb 2024.
What you can expect?
- Benchmark your organisation against some of the most transformed health systems globally and learn what it takes to build continuous improvement into everything you do.
- Learn how to undertake a strategic project which matters to patients/clients and that meet the organisations goals with respect to cost, adverse events and patient satisfaction.
- Learn the fundamentals of quality improvement science using the Clinical Practice Improvement method and how to use it effectively to drive patient safety.
- Learn how to be an effective improvement leader within your organisation, regardless of your position, and the positive impacts you can bring to the safety culture.
Enjoy 20% off as an ACHS Member on a single registration and a further 10% discount when registering three or more from one organisation.
How to Register:
Our QIL Program is hosted on our IA e-Learning platform, this is where you register, connect with colleagues and access all your course materials. Follow these three simple steps to sign up and start accomplishing your learning goals.
- Simply create a new account on the e-learning platform here
- Explore our flagship course QIL Course and register here
- Once registered, join the community, commit to success and earn CPD points
If you have any enquiries about the platform and course or how to book please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|ACHS Member||ACHS Non-Member|
|Single Registration||$3150||Single Registration||$3500|
|Organisation Registration||$2975||Organisation Registration||$3325|
The ACHS reserves the right to cancel any program. Full registration will be refunded if a program is cancelled or oversubscribed.
IF YOU WISH TO CANCEL*
Cancellations received in writing by ACHS more than 7 days prior to the event will be accepted and all fees refunded less 10% (ex GST) of the total cost of the training. Cancellations received within 7 days of the event will not be refunded, however, transfer of your registration to another person is acceptable.
- International and Australian (National Safety Quality Healthcare Standards [NSQHS]) best practice in quality and safety
- Quality improvement science (Deming)
- Quality improvement tools – flow charting, cause and effect diagrams, pareto charts, etc
- Prospective methods - human factor, reliability science and failure modes and effects analysis
- Measurement for improvement, statistical process control charts
- Microsystem change and Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycles
- Patient/consumer engagement and patient co-design
- Change management, spread, and sustainability
- Improvement teams/high performing teams
- Project management - Gantt charts, driver diagrams
- Leadership principles, styles and techniques for leading improvement
- High-level governance responsibilities for Quality and Safety - putting the governance plan together.
It is ideal for:
- clinical directors
- nurse managers
- clinical nurse consultants
- registered nurses with greater than 3 years clinical experience
- medical consultants
- GPs and registrars
- allied health managers and directors
- clinical governance directors
- quality managers, patient safety managers, consumer engagement leads
CPD PointParticipation in this program will qualify participants for continuing professional development hours, as required by their respective National Board. Claim 52 Points (52 hours) from the QIL training.
- Adj Assoc Professor Bernie Harrison
- Dr Cathy Balding
- Ms Helen Ganely
- Assoc Professor Peter Hibbert
- Ms Shelley Thomson
Working on your projectParticipants will be supported to undertake a work based improvement project which involves improving the quality and safety of care for patients. You will receive methods, tools and coaching by the faculty to undertake your project. At the end of this program, you will deliver a 15min presentation virtually with a 5min Q&A from a small panel. You will also submit a 500 word abstract describing your project.
This project will form part of your final assessment. Click here to view past participants' projects.
These tickets below are for ACHS Members only. Please ensure your organisation is a current member of ACHS at the time of registration. (If you are unsure of your membership status, please contact your Clinical Governance Unit). ACHS Members are entitled to a discounted registration fee. If this option is selected by a Non-Member, an invoice for the difference will be issued.
Pay for the full course upfront and receive a 10% discount and pay only $3,150 inclusive of 10% GST.
Register three or more from one organisation $2,975 per head
These tickets below are for ACHS NON-Members only. Please ensure your organisation is NOT a current member of ACHS at the time of registration. (If you are unsure of your membership status, please contact your Clinical Governance Unit). ACHS Members are entitled to a discounted registration fee. If this option is selected by a Member, we will not be able to refund for the difference in ticket price.
Pay for the full course upfront and receive a 10% discount and pay only $3,500 inclusive of 10% GST.
Register three or more from one organisation $3,325 per head
More information relating to payment is available on Eventbrite when you click on Register Now button.