As Project Officer, you will be assisting in a wide range of projects, including the development of healthcare standards, communications, media, resources, and reports; event management of the ACHS Quality Improvement awards; ensuring compliance with performance measures; identifying new products and opportunities for development; and organisation of internal and external stakeholder meetings.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to work in a team, both collaboratively and independently; have excellent stakeholder engagement skills; have experience working with healthcare professionals and clinical experts; have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent time management skills.
This is a full-time role, based in Sydney, with a hybrid work from home and attendance at the office arrangement. Note that some travel may be required.
Key responsibilities include assisting in the development of correspondence to external stakeholders relating to healthcare standards, advisories, fact sheets, assessment processes, scheme requirements and annual performance appraisals; planning and coordination of internal and external operational meetings; implementing processes for new healthcare standards, programs and resources; development and review of ACHS standards and products; development of ACHS performance measures; identification of opportunities to improve processes and products to reach new markets; planning of ACHS Quality Improvement Awards, publications, communications and media; publishing materials relating to ACHS activities across a variety of formats.
The Project Officer will also liaise with management, directors, customer services and development teams to seek direction and advice on projects and activities; collaborate with ACHS staff to develop communications, briefings, reports, and responses; and participate in ACHS projects and corporate activities as appropriate.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in health or relevant discipline
- Knowledge of and experience within the Australian healthcare system
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written, oral and formal presentations), and ability to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders across different formats
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with healthcare professionals and external stakeholders to consult, maintain productive working relationships, and to achieve agreed goals
- Experience translating evidence; developing resources across different formats; as well as preparing reports, papers, briefings and correspondence
- Ability to respond to changing priorities in both internal and external environments
- Demonstrated organisational skills and ability to manage workplace priorities, meeting agreed timelines
- Ability to work autonomously, within a team and across the organisation
- Sound judgment, critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer literacy
- Understanding of issues relating to patient safety, quality improvement, healthcare standards, healthcare accreditation processes and/or value-based healthcare
- Experience with the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Heath Care standards and programs
Enquiries should be directed to:
Maev Kerri Fitzpatrick
Manager, Healthcare Standards