ACHS seeks to secure an outstanding Manager for a role that is critical to driving further success for our NFP company. This position will work very closely in partnership with senior executives and peers to drive and manage Healthcare Standards. We are seeking a skilful and innovative manager with health sector experience for this position. This is a full-time role, based in Sydney, with a hybrid work from home and attendance at the office arrangement.
Key responsibilities include preparing ACHS responses to Australian Commission requests for feedback, including but not limited to healthcare standards, Advisories, Fact Sheets, assessment processes, Scheme requirements and annual performance appraisals, developing ACHS submissions to the Commission relating to approval processes for accrediting agencies, and developing any other ACHS responses to Commission requests as required. This role will also be responsible for developing and reviewing ACHS standards and products, and ensuring the Standards and Product Development service is conducted efficiently and effectively in accordance with ACHS aims, values and goals.
1. Highly developed project management skills
2. Extensive knowledge of the Australian healthcare system
3. Demonstrated high level contemporary strategic and operational management experience within the health industry, particularly related to health industry quality standards and accreditation processes
4. Experience and demonstrated expertise with the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (Commission) developed standards and programs
5. Demonstrated knowledge of current perspectives in quality and safety in healthcare and accreditation, including but not limited to the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards
6. Ability to develop resources to support accreditation assessments in new and emerging areas and markets
7. Ability to respond to changing priorities and meet strategic goals as they change in response to the internal and external environment
8. Excellent communications and interpersonal skills (written, oral and formal presentations)
9. Experience in managing people and teams, including current human resources and contract management practices
10. Able to work independently within approved delegations and the scope of the role, and motivated to achieve quality outcomes
11. Relevant tertiary qualifications
12. Sound computer literacy and strong skills in critical analysis and problem-solving
Enquiries should be directed to:
Executive Director – Customer Services and Development, ACHS