This challenging and practical session enables participants to understand and apply the National Clinical Governance Framework in complex and dynamic healthcare settings.
Consistently safe and high-quality care depends on robust and effective clinical governance. Leaders at every level of healthcare organisations, including the board, are responsible for ensuring that clinical governance systems are embedded as the foundation of all aspects of care provision.
Participants will be supported to reflect on the quality and safety culture, systems and improvement capability at their organisation and refine their understanding of where the opportunities for growth and transformation lie.
- Understand risk and complexity in hospitals and health care systems
- Be able to apply National Clinical Governance Framework (NSQHS Second Edition Standard 1) to the functions of all levels of leadership in the organisation including the board
- Gain insights into your own quality and safety systems relative to international, national, state and peer performance
- Understand the principles of quality improvement and how this is integrated into an overarching quality plan
Who should attend
- Clinical Governance training is ideal for board chairs and board members, chief executives and members of the executive team of healthcare facilities including hospital, primary and community care organisations, both public and private sectors.
- Clinical Governance Course is also relevant to departmental leaders, managers, frontline clinicians and quality improvement professionals who are warmly welcome to attend.