The course on the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards assists healthcare professionals to understand the intent of the Standards and how these are implemented to support the provision of safe, high-quality and continuously improving care.
The session incorporates identifying and acting on unwarranted clinical variance and using the PICMoRS methodology to evaluate quality and safety systems and processes.
- Understand the Australian Health Service Safety and Quality Accreditation Scheme
- Understand the intent of the NSQHS 2nd Edition
- Be able to apply the NSQHS Standards in your organisation
- Build sustainability of the NSQHS Standards into the governance structure
- Use the information that is acquired from normal business as assessment evidence
Who should attend
Health care professionals including:
- Frontline clinical staff
- Patient safety specialists
- Quality improvement professionals
- Departmental or unit team managers
- Senior managers